The appearance of Xiaomi Buds 4 Pro has been redesigned and the texture is better. Using advanced 12nm flagship chips, it leads the industry while bringing stronger performance and lower power consumption. In terms of appearance and performance, Xiaomi Mi Buds 4 Pro is one of the few top products on the market.
Xiaomi Buds 4 Pro specs and features:
- Bluetooth 5.3 with LHDC codec
- 11mm dual magnetic super dynamic driver
- 5-9 hours playback of per charge (ANC ON/OFF)
- Charging case can charge earbuds fully 3 times
- IP54 waterproof rating (earbuds and case)
- Support wireless charging and spatial audio
- $148 – Check latest price on AliExpress or Banggood, AliExpress (Xiaomi Buds 4)
01/ Appearance Design
The Xiaomi Buds 4 Pro uses a bright silver and black splicing and contrasting design, and the entire charging case uses a large number of curved designs and an integrated injection molding process. The whole appearance is smoother and simpler, and the texture is very good.
With the space capsule design of Xiaomi Buds 4 Pro, when the case cover is opened, the entire charging case is in a semi-open state. In this way, the earbuds are completely presented in front of our eyes, which is convenient for us to take out the earbuds. And multiple magnets attract the earbuds, and the earbuds are very firm in the charging case. In addition, the surface inside the charging case is also designed with an inorganic ion antibacterial layer, which is more comfortable and healthy.
There is an indicator light on the front of the charging case, and you can know the power status of the earbuds even when the phone is not connected. The earbuds are fixed by an open magnetic absorption method, so there is no need to worry about accidental dropping. At the same time, the charging case supports IP54 waterproof, so it will not be damaged by daily water splash or rain.
The headset stem of Xiaomi Buds 4 Pro is much shorter, and the operation adopts a dual-channel pressure-sensing module to achieve a wider pressure-sensitive effective area. The sound holes of the earbuds are still oval custom eartips, made of medical-grade silicone, which are healthier to wear.
02/ Comfort & Noise Cancellation
In terms of wearing comfort, Xiaomi Buds 4 Pro’s ergonomically designed round cavity and soft, skin-friendly medical-grade silicone eartips will not bring a strong sense of pressure like the overall in-ear design. The wearing comfort is infinitely close to the semi-in-ear earbuds, so you don’t have to worry about the discomfort caused by ear pressure, and you can wear it for a long time without pressure.
In terms of noise cancellation, it supports 48dB adaptive dynamic noise cancellation, and can automatically select the appropriate noise cancellation mode according to different environments. The noise cancellation width can reach 4000Hz, and it supports adaptive 3-speed automatic adjustment and 6-speed manual adjustment. Support standard, vocal enhancement and environment enhancement of 3-speed transparent mode adjustment to meet the needs of use in different scenarios.
At the same time, earbuds adopts Xiaomi’s self-developed ANC noise cancellation algorithm, and with advanced process chips, it has extremely high sampling performance. The earbuds also have a wind noise resistance of 9m/s. For friends who like sports, in daily running, cycling and other environments, it can provide better noise cancellation effect to avoid wind noise from affecting our experience.
- Experience of taking the subway: The subway is a common commuter vehicle for our daily commuters, and its noise mainly comes from wind noise and low-frequency noise of subway operation. In the actual experience, the Xiaomi Buds 4 Pro can filter out most of the low-frequency noise well by turning on the noise cancellation at the maximum gear. And when the volume is turned up to 50%, basically no noise can be heard. Of course, the sound of the station announcement is completely audible through my actual experience, so I don’t have to worry about missing the station.
- Office experience: The noise in my office environment is basically maintained at around 50db. The noise of the air conditioner and various machines is more obvious, as well as the sound of some human voices and keyboard tapping. Through actual experience, earbuds can filter out most of the external noise, and can get a very good immersive office experience. Basically, it can isolate external noise well, suitable for use when thinking and creating alone, not suitable for users who need to communicate frequently.
The performance of Xiaomi Buds 4 Pro in noise cancellation performance can be said to be quite high among TWS earbuds at the same price. Support 48dB intelligent dynamic noise cancellation, even more than some over-ear noise cancellation headphones. At the same time, the wind noise intelligent classification detection function is also added. The earbud has built-in 3-Mic+VPU (bone voiceprint sensor) noise cancellation for calls, which can provide better signal-to-noise ratio and vocal collection effect.
03/ Sound Quality of Xiaomi Buds 4 Pro
In terms of sound quality, Xiaomi Buds 4 Pro earbuds use an industry-leading 11mm custom large-amplitude dynamic driver, as well as an LCP dome design. The dual-magnetic ultra-dynamic unit combined with LHDC 4.0 technology makes the sound quality of this earbuds excellent. At the same time, it has passed the HiRes Audio Wireless certification, supports 96kHz high-definition audio, and supports SBC, AAC, and LHDC 4.0 audio codecs.
With Xiaomi’s new independent spatial audio technology, it supports cross-platform use, and can support 360° horizontal rotation of the head for better surround sound. In terms of games and audio and video, it allows us to hear sounds in every direction, and it can be achieved without relying on front-end equipment. It can be used on flat panel, TV, player and other devices.
After the audition test, it gave me a very good feeling. In particular, the low frequency extension is deep, rich and full. The performance of the middle and high frequencies is clear and transparent, the vocals are clear, the singer’s singing and musical instruments have a high degree of on-site restoration, and the sense of presence is good.
04/ Battery Life & Charging
In terms of battery life, the single battery life is up to 9 hours, and the use of the charging case can achieve 38 hours of battery life (ANC OFF). In addition, Xiaomi Mi Buds 4 Pro is the first in the industry to adopt a low-voltage dual direct charging structure and a voltage follow strategy, which effectively improves charging efficiency, solves the problems of slow charging of TWS earbuds and relieving power anxiety.
The charging case adopts Type-C interface and supports fast charging function. The charging case charges the earbuds to 100% in just 30 minutes, far exceeding the industry average (50-60mins). It also supports charging for 5 minutes, listening to songs for 3 hours and Qi wireless charging.
Check the Xiaomi Buds 4 Pro price:
- Check latest price on AliExpress
- Check latest price on Banggood
- Check latest price on AliExpress (Xiaomi Buds 4)